Friday, July 6, 2012

The Bootstrapper’s Manifesto

I am a bootstrapper. I have initiative and insight and guts, but not much money. 
I will succeed because my efforts and my focus will defeat bigger and better-funded competitors.
I am fearless. 
I keep my focus on growing the business—not on politics, career advancement, or other wasteful distractions.
I will leverage my skills to become the key to every department of my company, yet realize that hiring experts can be the secret to my success. 

I will be a fervent and intelligent user of technology, to conserve my two most precious assets: time and money.


Surviving is succeeding, and each day that goes by makes it easier still for me to reach my goals.


I pledge to know more about my field than anyone else. I will read and learn and teach.


My greatest asset is the value I can add to my clients through my efforts.


I realize that treating people well on the way up will make it nicer for me on the way back down.


I will be scrupulously honest and overt in my dealings, and won’t use my position as a fearless bootstrapper to gain unfair advantage.


My reputation will follow me wherever I go, and I will invest in it daily and protect it fiercely.


I have less to lose than most -- a fact I can turn into a significant competitive advantage.


Most of all, I’ll remember that the journey is the reward. I will learn and grow and enjoy every single day.


Seth Godin - www.sethgodin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment